Medical Representatives Role Qualifications and Eligibility
Medical Representatives or Medical Sales Representatives are professionals who work in the medical, research and pharmaceutical sectors. They serve as a link between the organisational offerings and the customers. Medical Representatives (MR) maintain frequent interactions with the medical industry and help in the development of strong relationships with professionals like dieticians, nutritionists and pharmacists. Anyone interested in this career should have knowledge regarding medical processes, the latest drugs and medical regulations.
Medical Representatives are the communicators that link the pharmaceutical organisations with nutritionists, doctors and other health experts. The primary role of Medical Representatives (MR) is to market and sell the equipment and medications for the pharmaceutical organisation which hired them. We provide paramedical affiliation in up. If you are interested then contact us. We are govt approved paramedical council
Role of Medical Representative: Responsibilities
Having an academic background in medicine or in a similar stream is mandatory for pursuing a career as an MR. The role and responsibilities of Medical Representatives majorly depend on the requirements of the organisation and on the nature of the product offered. The Following points specify the common roles and responsibilities to be fulfilled by the Medical Representatives:
- Medical Representatives maintain strong network building skills with healthcare professionals like doctors, gynecologists, practitioners, clinical specialists, paramedical experts, psychiatrists, food technologists, clinical psychology specialists, pediatricians, etc.
- Medical Representatives identify business growth and networking opportunities by analysing the marketing conditions and trends.
- They provide timely and efficient servicing facilities to their clients.
- They utilize both online and offline means of communication for building relationships with medical professionals and doctors.
- They negotiate with prospect customers, take care of sales agreement terms and post sales processes.
- They stay up-to-date with the micro and macro industrial changes and amendments in medical regulations. They should also be aware of current medical developments.
- They have complete knowledge about the company products and services. They should keep track of special benefits offered by the direct and indirect competitors.
- They maintain cordial relationships with sales, operations, purchase and finance departments for smooth implementation of strategies and plans.
- They exploit the networking opportunities by attending and participating in medical events.
- They maintain proper documents and reports of all customer proceedings.
Relevant Courses & Qualifications
Apart from belonging to a science background, there is no particular restriction for people who want to become a Medical Representative. Public and private companies prefer graduates from medical science courses for hiring medical representatives. Following list of courses help in pursuing a career as MR:
- Diploma in Community Health Care
- Sc. Physiotherapy
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Sc. in Operation Theatre Technology
- Sc. (Hons.) Paramedical Science
- Sc. Nursing
- MS/MSc in Pediatric Nursing
- MBA in Pharmaceutical Management
- Bachelor of Paramedical Technology
- Diploma in Rural Health Care
- Hospital Management Courses
- MS/MSc in Child Health Nursing
- Pharmacist courses
- Certificate in Lab Assistant/Technician
Eligibility to become a Medical Representative
- The primary requirement for working as an MR is having a graduate degree in related streams like nursing, pharmacy, biology, life sciences, etc. Preference is given to candidates having a Master degree.
- Candidates should highlight their skills, methods and field experience. Candidates with expertise in sales and marketing are given preference over others.
- Candidates can raise their chances of employment by adding related certifications to their resume. These certificates give an edge over other candidates, although they are not a criterion of selection.
- Candidates having the latest industry trends and product knowledge have high chances of success.